Thursday, March 11, 2010

Homeward Bound!

Hi Everyone,

Today is March 10 and we are counting the days until we leave on March 12! We are looking forward to seeing all the kids and be a family once again. We are happy that we can be home for Ben's high school graduation on March 25. We will be glad to eat some other cuisine besides Chinese! Doug was able to find a European bakeshop quite a ways from here which gave us a wonderful break from the usual food.

My siblings and mom from the US will be visiting us from March 20 to 27. This will be the first time all of us will be together since my brother's wedding in 2000. Since 4 of them live in 4 different states and my other brother in Manila, this will be a very special time for us to say the least! Although we live apart from each other, our bonds have remained strong through the years. What a blessing that is and a testament on how well we were raised by our mom.

We just want to take this time to thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! I sensed the Lord giving me strength during all the treatments that I underwent these last 5 weeks. My body was bombarded with so many drugs (both western and traditional Chinese) and I am thankful that the local chemo side effects have not been traumatic except for losing my hair.

After a month (around mid-April to mid-May), I will be returning to Guangzhou for the last 2 cycles of chemo and some follow up on the progress of my other treatments. I will be happy when this is all done. During this trip, we are thinking of letting Jonina travel with me to give her a break from all the responsibilities she had to take on while we were away this time. This will leave Doug to provide proper parental care for the other three kids and to attend to his other responsibilities as well.

I've had a lot of free time and have used this time to write in a blog. In case you would like to read more details of our stay here in Guangzhou, you may log in at http://marlasharpe.blogspot.com. I've enjoyed doing it and hope you enjoy reading it!

Thank you again for all your love, support and continued prayers! We can't make it without our family, friends and God's grace.

1 comment:

  1. A special time indeed! I can't be happier for you Marl.Take care. Love you.

    ReplyDelete