Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Need your prayers - March 3

Yesterday, the ultrasound showed that my abdomen is filled with fluids. The doctor believes that this may be caused by low albumin in my blood. I would need 3 infusions of albumin and they will insert a tube in my abdomen to drain the fluids.

I am anxious about my next chemo which will be tomorrow. I am putting off the decision to shave off my hair and then this. I must admit that at this point, I am overwhelmed! I feel like I can't take it anymore. I just want to go home and forget about everything else. Right now my emotions are getting a hold on me.

Yet I know that the Lord sees me and knows what I am going through and he has comforted me with these words:

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Ps. 32:8

For the word of the Lord holds true; and everything he does is worthy of our trust. Ps. 33:4

But the Lord's plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken. Ps. 33: 11

But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love. He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine. Ps. 33:18-19

Many times the scripture in Joshua was shared to me: Be strong and courageous...for I am with you. Lord, help me to be strong and courageous. On my own, I can't be that. Only you are my source of strength and courage. Thank you Lord that you are with me and that your unfailing love is mine as I trust in you. Thank you that you are the one who keeps me from death even when I feel like it is tightening its grip on me. Thank you Lord that it is you who keeps me alive! You are leading me along this path and I know that your eye is ever upon me. I need not fear.

My dear family and friends, thank you for just listening to me and for all your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. "But my strength and my heart may fail but the Lord is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

    My dearest friend, the Lord is telling you right now "Yet, Marla my daughter, I am always with you; You hold me by my right hand." Psalm 73:23

    I love this image of Him holding your right hand and leading you through the best pathways that He has set for you. I can only imagine what you are going through and I can do the best I can as your friend, that is to continue to lift you up in prayer daily and nightly.

    You know that I love you ...and He loves you...and so many other people love you. We anticipate your coming home to Cebu to show God's victory and His grace.

    Love you my friend! I miss you!
    Lollette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty. Of course we will pray. The Lord holds you safe in his hand. May you know the peace that passes understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunty Marla,

    Hello. It's Michelle here, daughter of Yuen and Sharon. We heard about it from Jonina and we are keeping you in our prayers. I was just meditating on Psalm 103 and there's this part that spoke to me. Hope it encourages you :)

    'Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits - who forgives all your sins, and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.'

    Praying for you, and we all miss you! He never fails. Much love from my parents and Danielle too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold on dear friend, HIS STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS. I pray that you feel HIS EMBRACE! Much Love from Manila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ate Marla,

    Thanks for sharing your journey. The other day, i was wondering how are you doing. I'm blessed to read your blogs.

    I'm keeping you in my prayers. God's love for you is unfailing, Ate. Love you 'te

    riza

    ReplyDelete