Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 10, 2010

Dear family and friends,
We arrived safely at the Fuda hospital at around midnight on Feb. 6. It was a long day and we thank God for His grace. The staff immediately arranged for tests the next day. On Monday I was scheduled for a PET/CT scan. I got the results on Tuesday.
Not a pretty picture…
The scan showed that the cancer has metastasized in various parts of my bones, such as my spine, ribs, pelvic area etc.. They also found cancer in some lymph nodes and a tumor on my liver. The Doctor is amazed that I am feeling well and have no pain despite my condition. “Truly God is my helper, He is the one who keeps me alive.” (Ps.30:2)
The Doctor has suggested I go through 4 cycles of localized chemo to address the metastases in various parts of my body. She is also suggesting Cryosurgery to remove the large tumor on my chest and the one on my liver. For my immune system I have a treatment called comprehensive immuno-therapy for cancer. We are in full agreement with the Doctor’s suggestions and would like to share an outline of the treatment schedule with you so you can pray specifically.
February 10 Immunotherapy begins
February 11 Local chemo
February 12 Zoledronic acid to stop further metastasis in the bones
February 20 cryosurgery on breast tumor (Doug’s birthday!)
February 26 cryosurgery on liver tumor
March 4 Local chemo
They are suggesting I will return to the Philippines on March 10 and return a month later for 2 more cycles of local chemo.
But those who trust in Him will never be disappointed!
The PET/CT scan gave us a clear picture of the extent and spread of cancer throughout my body and will be an even clearer evidence of God’s healing power and presence in my life as He continues to touch, sustain and heal me of this cursed disease. As the Doctor’s fight the physical effect of cancer in my body we will fight with the weapons of faith and persistent prayer. We know that He has already won this battle for us at the cross and He will fight for us and bring us through to victory! Please help us to hold up our hands in prayer without doubting because the battle is raging and we need His grace to see us through. (Exodus 17:10-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment