Sunday, February 21, 2010

My first cryosurgery - Feb. 20

Whenever I am anxious, psalm 91 always calms my soul. I read it several times this morning. The doctor told me that my blood test showed that my white blood cells is up to 8.8 so the surgery will proceed this morning.

A nurse picked me up at 10:30 am. The doctor told Doug that depending on my condition, I may return to my room either tonight or the next day. That surprised me because I was told that the surgery itself would only last about 30 minutes. Doug gave me a hug and reassured me that he would be praying for me.

I was brought to the operating room. They hooked up the oxygen as soon as I laid down. The last thing I remembered was thanking the Lord that he is with me.

I woke up at 1:20 pm and I was shivering --- shaking like a maple leaf on a cold autumn day. I immediately called the nurse and told her that I was very cold despite the fact that I had 3 thick blankets on top of me. She changed my infusion (ivy) and soon, my temperature settled. The pain in my chest also subsided. I asked the nurse when I could go back to my room. She said that my vital signs were good and maybe if the doctor ok's it, I could be back by 2:30 pm. In the meantime, the ICU was getting full.

The doctor saw me at 4:00 pm and checked me out. She said that I can be sent back to the room. I was wheeled out at 5 pm and was glad to be back to the comfort of my room and see Doug. I wasn't very hungry and just had some soup. I felt very tired and just wanted to sleep but since I had a fever, they encouraged me to drink lots of water which meant lots of visits to the toilet. Thankfully by 3 am, the fever left.

Today, I feel well but tired. This morning, I remember my family and friends who have lifted me up in prayer. I know that I am recovering well because of their faithfulness in mentioning my name to the Father. How blessed I am!

1 comment:

  1. Last Sunday, we had as our preacher, Rev. Roger Gorman, a friend of Pastor Jeff. he has been in the ministry for 45 years and he had a wonderful testimony. He had prostrate cancer which was successfully removed but he later was diagnosed with leukemia. he was in a coma for 13 days and after a time, the doctors told the family that there was nothing they could do so they were told that he should be disconnected from all life-support machines. He said, when he couldn't trust God (because he was in a com), other people trusted God for him. And a miracle happened! When he got out of the coma he asked his wife who died because he felt that someone was lying beside him---and then he knew that it was God. I kept thinking of you, my friend, throughout the message and as I was praying at the end, I saw you on a bed with a wide sun-lit window as a backdrop. Jesus was leaning over you and holding you. I know that He is healing you!

    It was a great service! One that made you feel like bursting.

    I'm glad you're feeling better, my friend. I'll keep praying and trusting in God for your complete healing! Love you and miss you so much! Please hug Pastor Doug for me.

    ReplyDelete