Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting

It's the 17th and I am waiting. My white blood cell (wbc) count is actually normal (4.6) but since the effect of the chemo is to depress the production of wbc, they want to keep it high (around 10). So they keep injecting me to produce more wbc.

I haven't had a fever but today I am tired. I have had quite an energy spurt the past two or three days so I am glad to be able to wind down a bit. Its been quite cold lately --- like 5 deg. C. I would like to go around and explore the neighborhood but I will have to wait for a warmer day. The cold does not deter Doug at all. He continues his daily trip to the gym to keep him fit and sane. I look forward to his return when he brings me a pasalubong --- some fruit, nuts, chips, etc. Today, even if it is cold, I hope he brings some ice cream home! I've had this craving for days!

We found a Chinese channel that features some of the winter Olympic events which makes Doug a happy man! He hasn't watched a hockey game since we left Canada and so he is looking forward to it. Go Canada!

In the meantime, I comfort myself with an old proverb: good things come to those who wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marla!

    I always look forward to reading your blogs because this means you're feeling well enough to write. Yesterday though was a whirlwind for me...so I was able to read your delightful blog about Jonina just this morning. I can picture your expression as you're furiously typing it out. Hahaha!

    Yesterday, I was a multi-tasking fiend! I took a picture of my table showing an avp script I've been working on, the PERT schedule I was filling in for the Urbandub concert I am organizing as a fundraiser for STC and....a cookbook! On top of all the things I had to do for the day, I had to cook (something I did while having a 4pm meeting with a video editor)!

    I'm glad to know that Pastor Doug is maintaining his fitness routine. After his 21K experience, I'm looking forward to cheering him on for the...42K! When you said you had an energy spurt, what did you do? Where you able to get out of the hospital?

    I miss you, my friend, but your blogs are wonderful for keeping us connected. I know how to pray specifically for you and Pastor Doug too. My prayers always include that God renew your cells and refresh your spirit. As always, we are all looking forward to seeing you home again.

    Hugs to Pastor and imagine a great big hug from me for you! Labya!

    ReplyDelete